Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Counting Chickens Before They Hatch...

Don't do this. Do you know what percentage of fertilized chicken eggs hatch into live birds? Yeah, neither do I. I bet it's better than it was when that saying was relevant though. I don't even know how chickens reproduce, anyway.

So the figure of speech up there is in reference to the P/T position I posted about earlier. It's actually morphed into a F/T position (awesome!) through no fault of my own. The interview went as well as I could have hoped, better than any I've had to date. I've slowly come to grips with the fact that feeling good about an interview, however, can be a jinx. And I don't believe in jinxes. Hence my current dilemma. Either feel good about the interview, or begin to believe in jinxes. Damnit.

SO anyway. I had the interview. I'm filling out the official application now, I'm going to drop it off in a few.

What I will do is take this opportunity to suggest something to any other job seekers out there - I posted on www.freecycle.com about my need to find employment. The way freecycle works is simple - you either Want or Offer something for free. People in the community respond to your Wants or Offers, and you both benefit. I put up free home tech support in exchange for promising job leads. In addition to getting a few [leads], word actually got around to the person who interviewed me today that I had posted on freecycle. She said it was 'innovative.' I'll take it. But seriously, check it out, it's a great cause, especially if you need or need to get rid of baby clothes. Lots of baby clothes.

More to come about my life later. That's the nature of a blog, you see?

Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment